CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Week #95-Naked Chicken

Has anyone seen the naked chicken chalupa thing from Tacobell. It looks pretty disgusting but I might have to try it just for kicks and giggles. Anyways that was probably the best week of my entire life! I honestly love being a missionary. There is no greater thing! Especially when you have a car! When you have a car in La Maquina it´s as if you showed up in a helicopter! Ha ha people asked us for money like 70000 times this week haha! But we saw so many miracles! 
     The temple was awesome! Elder Heath was really sick which is weird because last time we went Elder Martineau was way sick as well. 15 investigators came with us to the temple too! It was unbelievable! And 3 of my converts went in to do baptisms! So cool! 4 people accepted to be baptized this week! And 1 who is pretty sure he is going to do it this month but he has to get married first! So we should have 5 baptisms on the 24th! That would be great because that could be my second to last Saturday in La Maquina! 
      We had a good time though! We found a lot of people to teach! We found a family that attended church in Tahuexco this week who literally live under a tarp in the backyard of the group leader´s house! And they have a freaking cable that goes under the tarp to their TV so that they can have cable. It is really sad but also kind of funny. Not that funny, just kind of funny in a really tragic way. It´s just funny that they have cable but they don´t have a house. But yeah they´re cool! 
      Anyways the car has a crazy self lock thing. So it locks it´s self after a minute of being off. Well I wish I had known that before I left the key in the ignition for a minute to run in to the house to get some stuff for an activity. The car locked it´s self with they keys in. Well I did not want to tell the people in the office that I had locked the keys in the car because they were all pretty mad that we got the car in the first place! So Heath and I did what any desperate missionaries would do. We broke in! It was unbelievable! A brand new Toyota with a nice security system and Heath and I broke in!  Heath stuck a hanger in and hooked the keys from the ignition! Then the keys fell down onto the seat perfectly for us to press the unlock button with the hanger! It was so crazy!
     So I don´t get it. Am I going home August 8th or the 9th because President told me that I´m going home on the 8th. I´m leaving on the 9th early in the morning. (He's leaving his area on the 8th-his birthday-and leaving Guatemala on the 9th)
     We went to the temple this week! I was looking for Jake when we went! I can´t believe he goes home this week! It went by so fast!
     Anyways love you! 
Bryson and Hastings in Dory, the car, one last time



Elders went rollerblading


Group at the Xela Temple

Bryson bought a new missionary hand book while at the temple-old vs new



Group pics from the "Waters of Mormon" last week

No comments:

Post a Comment