CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week #87-I Love This Bar

´´I like my truck, I like my girlfriend. I like to take her out to dinner. I like a movie now and then..... But I love this bar!!!´´ Elder Heath got that song stuck in my head. I love him. He has the most southern accent of all time! I am literally getting his accent! It is so funny!
     Anyways it was a pretty cool! Week! This guy named En said that he wants to get baptized. He is interesting. He is 24 and is dating a 16 year old girl from our branch and they always are together but he says that he loves the church and he wants to get baptized. He has only been to church once because he works on Sundays. But he says he is going to everything he can to stop working on Sunday to go to church. But he´s pretty cool. I wasn´t very sure about him at first but he seems to get everything we teach.
    I was walking in the street the other day and there was this little kid that always calls us gringos when we pass by thinking he´s a big shot so I told him that I was going to take him and eat him and he started crying and ran away haha! Not so much of a big shot now! 
   
     Well we had an awesome experience yesterday. So Elio went to church yesterday and he had his awesome white shirt and tie that we gave him. We ordained him a priest last tuesday. Anyways last night he goes up to me and he opened up to Doctrine and Covenants 70 and asked if I could explain it. I was all like ´´crap he probably read some really crazy deep doctrine that he doesn´t understand´´. So I start explaining what D&C is and all that stuff because they didn´t really know what it was. Anyways he said ´´I want you to read it to me because a couple nights ago I had a dream that two missionaries went up to me and asked me to read Doctrine and Covenants sections 70-72. But I didn´t know what that book was so I started looking in my books!" Well he found his doctrine and covenants and started reading it by himself but didn´t understand very well. Anyways if you know what is in those chapters... they are about how nobody can take the tithings and offerings for themselves in the church (which has been the downfall of La Maquina in the past), missionary work and the responsibilities of bishops!!!!! It seems like God is preparing Elio to be the next branch president here! I told President and he was so happy! It was such an awesome miracle! He will need some help though before he´s ready! We are going to help prepare him for three months and then he will be ready! 
     Yesterday was really stressful! We had a fun activity though and made coke floats and stuff! And we watched some cool Easter videos! We watched the Prince of Peace stuff that the church came out with! 
Have you heard the new Taylor Swift song!? They had it in Tacobell and it is so good! 
Cool week! Love you!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment