CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week #56

It was a fun week. I am wearing my Steelers tie and my steelers socks and I used my Steelers toothbrush and chapstick and I have pretty much drank only pepsi this week so I think they will win tonight and on Sunday ha ha. But yeah the BYU game was awesome! Also we have 60 minutes to write again!
     
So last Monday we started working at 6 like normal and I felt a little sick. Then we got home for the night and I did not want to do anything so I hurried and planned with my companion and told me to call in the numbers to the district leader. Then I went to bed. Well I had a fever and then I got really sick to my stomache and I threw up in the toilet very violently. then I needed to throw up again so I started walking to the bathroom and it turns out that my companion was going to the bathroom so I had to run  outside and throw up. But oh my goodness the houses are so close in Guatemala that pretty much every one of the neighbors heard me throw up it was so funny. Yeah I have amoebas. The people are really poor and lazy here so they never purify their water. Nobody has  heard anybody throw up so violently in the histroy of woman. But it reminded me of this story that Elder Davis told me about when some guy poisened Joseph Smith and he started throwing up so hard that his hair started falling out and he dislocated his jaw. I have no idea if that is true but it sounded true. I swear I dislocated my tibia but I´m not sure.
 
My house is huge, It´s also pink. but nobody cares about the color of the house here. There are bats and a ton of rats. There is so much poo.  i will take pictures. We have to shower with buckets.
     
Elder Goldsberry has transfers which is sad because he loves Taylor Swift and Spongebob almost as much as I do. But oh well. Maybe they will send another person that shares my passions like Elder Goldsberry haha!
    
We dropped all of our investigators this week because they were the worst! But we found some new ones! So we hope that everything will go better. There is so much witchcraft in my area. It is really hard. Here is some information on some new investigators. We have C. She is the daughter of some less active members who haven´t gone to church in 17 years. They live in a really far away plantation in our area. She is 17 years old and has a 3 month old son. Her boyfriend left her to suffer. They are poor and have no electicity in their house because they live on the plantation. Also M. She is 19 and really doesn´t want to repent. She has never gone to any church which is a miracle and she lives with a member and babysits the members kid. She is cool but I don´t know how she will progress. B, We found her contacting. Every member of her family are less actives. She ended up going to a church where they keep the sabbath day on Saturday. She is cool and could get baptized. Also Y.  She has gone to church like a thousand times but she has some commitmet problems so we can´t baptize her. Her dad has like 50 side chicks and has like 50 kids with 60 different women, but the mom is really cool. They aren´t married because nobody gets married in Guatemala. But they have kind of a sad family. Also D. She is a single mother of 4. Very catholic and we can´t really ever find her. Reu is poor and San luiz is a little town outside of Reu ran buy fincas! But yeah they are all really poor. They are also poor because of their religion. Everyone is freaking evangelica here. So that makes them poor because their pastors rob them!!!!
 
 I have to go but tell me everything about the games! Especially the game this Sunday!!! I hate the bengals after last year!!! But love you!!! have a good day!! I hope your leg feels better!! Progress!
Anyways love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment