CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week #42-Alameda!!!!

Well I never thought that I would say it but I love the mountains! Literally nobody understands how cold it is here! After nine months in the freaking coast being up here in the mountains is like being in a freezer constantly! My companion Elder Carrion is a good kid and I suppose that he is good with kids too!
    So I got here Tuesday, which was nice. I got to see Elder Fickes and Elder Tagg and Elder Gayheart! I swear I haven't seen Elder Tagg in fifty years! He freaking lives with Elder Gayheart! They are so lucky! (these are guys from his MTC zone) But I literally have the nicest house in the world and by that I mean it is a pretty big house that is pretty dirty but it has hot water at least. I literally stayed in the shower for 30 minutes my first day. I wanted to cry because it felt so good. So I literally got here with only short sleeved shirts and that is it. The first day I bought two sweaters for 40 Quetzales (we live inside of a freaking paca so the clothes are so cheap). Then I went to a members paca and bought a dope leather jacket for 50 Quetzales which was crazy because it's from Italy. But It is so cold! 
   We don't have a lot of investigators because it is a lot harder here I guess! And they all go to church every week by themselves and they never want to get baptized until they go to church like 50 times which is not like the coast at all. We have a ward of 200 people and everyone goes to sit UP FRONT I was shocked! I bore my testimony yesterday and when I looked out I was like "I've never seen more people in my life"! But it's like the greatest ward in the world it reminds me of Utah a little bit. it is crazy cold here! I love it because I love the cold but I got the flu my second day and now I have like pink eye or something! But every morning I wake up and my eye is swollen everyone tells me that I need to find a cat and rub it's tail across my eye and then it will be better. I have no idea where they got that from!  It is literally Utah in October here. I feel like I need to celebrate Christmas right now. I think I will be up here for like 30 years.
    One of our investigators had a dream that someone gave her a Book of Mormon so she believes that our church is  true and hopefully she gets baptized the 19th. I told her to do it this Saturday. She first said that she wanted to do it in 4 months and i almost peed my pants. 4 months?! And the worst part about it is the members were okay with it! They always tell me to be patient. The earlier she gets baptized the less time the devil has to screw everything up!!! Some people don't understand. They need to read Alma 34.
 But we just had an earthquake!!! We have one like three times a week here! They are so weird!! I am literally in the middle of one right now! 
I hung out with Elder Gayheart and Elder Tagg today. It was good clean fun! I love it up here! Also!!!!!!! There is a guy here that goes to Utah like two times every month and he goes to Salt Lake and he says that he will go find you and bring any package back when he goes there! He just wants your address!!! So if you want to send anything! Send it with him! But give me your address and phone number!!!
    Love  you!!! Email me fast! 
There's an airport in Alameda

New area-Alameda


there are a lot of corn fields

In Coatepeque before he got transfered
 


Rockin his new sweater for his new cold area


He's amazed he has a couch!!

Chihuahua that is fatter than our Chihuahua, haha

dogs that live by him


fat Chihuahua again



ice cream he got in his new area


investigators kids

Bryson's new kitchen!!

with Elder Zumba and sisters in Coatepeque

new neighborhood in Alameda

New zone in Alameda


Zona Coatepeque-set a record of 51 baptisms in 1 month!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment