CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week #23

 Man this week really sucked. I realized there is no worse feeling than when your investigator backs out of the baptism last minute! So Victor didn´t get baptized this week. He was all good to go until Wednesday we found him in the street and he told us that a Evangelico Pastor talked to him and told him that it´s too fast to get baptized in three weeks and that he made his choice too fast. But we had a lesson with him and he understood baptism a little more and that you don´t need to prepare for 30 years if you don´t have any serious sins. So he was good for Saturday. But then Saturday he went to work with his uncle in a different city and didn´t come back until late. But he told us Sunday Morning at 7 AM would be good. But we got to his house in the morning and he ran away! I just want to talk to the kid! We´re not trying to force him to get baptized! We just want to talk! Anyways it was rough. "I wanna win a soccer game!!!!!" (Kicking and Screaming)
   Anyways I was thinking how to describe to you how it feels to have a baptism fall and the first thing that came to my head was the Steelers vs. Ravens game in the first round of the playoffs last year. I remember I tried to get work off but nobody would take my shift on that Saturday, but they let me go home in time to watch it. Anyways I was way excited for it obviously. And I literally get so pumped for baptisms because they are the greatest things in the world. And then i think Will Gay picked off Joe Flacco and ran it back for a touchdown and I went so nuts that I laid out Shalese and she went flying across the room! Anyways it´s like at the end of the game when Ben tried to dump off that little bubble screen to Ben Tate and it bounced off his hands and Terrell Suggs caught the ball between his thighs to end the game. That is how it feels when the baptism falls. You have hope that maybe they will show up or call you back. Then you realize that there is no hope. The devil is like Terrell Suggs. He gets your hopes up and then plants bad ideas in investigator´s heads. Anyways it is like that but 2000000 times worse because instead of a game it is literally a persons well being and eternal salvation. And it sucks because you fast for them, and pray for them, study for them, think about them constantly and then Satan comes along and ruins everything! Also Satan is the head of the Iglesia Evangelica. 
     He could get baptized this Saturday. Also we have an awesome investigator named Kevin who is 19 and I think he will get bapatized this week. And we have Yamilet who could get baptized the week after. They are good kids and good with kids!
     We had "mini-missionaries" show up Saturday when we were preparing for the baptism. They are just people with mission calls who live here who go on splits with us for two weeks. They are here because Elder Varela has to go to Reu and Xela like twenty times this week and one of them needs to stay with me and work. But we only have two  beds in the house so they slept on our beds and we slept on the floor which sucked because we found a scorpion in the house a few days ago. I have pictures. Anyways it was nice to have them yesterday because we taught 13 lessons yesterday and found 9 new investigators which is really good! But luckily they are sleeping in the zone leaders house now. I felt like I was training yesterday because the kid that I was with didn´t speak a word! But it was alright! It was fun!
 Awesome for Brittan! Chile is awesome! Sad about Jake Foster! That is rough. A kid went home in my zone Tuesday for illness. Go Panthers! Love you!
With Elder Elgreen & Zone Leader Elder Kahl

Pday Actvity


Zone at McDonalds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment