CALLED TO SERVE FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS AUGUST 2015-AUGUST 2017

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Week #1

Finally! The first letter came!

Hey mom! So I dont have spell check so my spelling is going to be horrible! So our P days are different every week it look like! But this place is so awesome! The food here is incredible! And on the first day I was so tired that I literally couldnt even think. They let us sleep for like two hours in the middle of the day after we all did a bunch of interviews! This place is really great though. There is only probably like 200 people in the whole MTC. They segragate the Latinos and the Nortes (North Americans) which is kind of messed up. My companion is literally the funniest person of all time! He went to Lone Peak and he loves Spongebob. And he knows really good Spanish. He is also the most sarcastic person to ever exist! But yeah he's an awesome kid! We are so mean to each other all the time and it's perfect becasuse everyone here tries to be so nice and it gets so feaking anoying! Also that kid that we met at the airport is in my district! His name is Elder Daughrty. The temperature here is perfect! It literally is the perfect temperature every single day. I guess the city has really nice weather but in Retalhuleu it is not so great. It's a lot hotter out there! But yeah I am really enjoying this place so far. LIterally the first and second day felt like 7000 weeks. I've never been so shocked by how slow time can go. I was working really hard the first week and I got so good at Spanish! But now I just can't keep doing that all day. My favorite part so far has been the Latinos. They are the greatest personas to ever live! They are so nice and love to try to teach you Spanish! I better get a native companion every single companion while I'm out in the field. So President Nelson was supposed to come to the city for a devotional on Tuesday! It turned out that there has been some pretty crazy riots and stuff in the middle of the city because the President and the Vice President are really corrupt and everyone want to kill them! Ha ha! We had some protestors pass by the MTC last night! It't fun to watch. The MTC is really well gaurded! There's guys with like AR-15's everywhere! But yeah this place is awesome! We just got back from the temple and the session was kind of weird in Spanish. But we did the whole veil thing in English luckily and I remembered the whole thing. The rest of my Districto were really impressed! Ha ha! Anyways I really miss you guys. I had a dream last night that it was the night before I left and I was hanging out with Brady and the entire time I wanted to get home to be with you! So I'm sorry I didn't spend more time with you before I left because I'm really regretting it now! I seriously need a coke though. I thought they were going to have coke and they don't. It bull ship. But yeah anyways they didn't give us a lot of time to email today so I'm going to have to hurry! My P day next week might be on Tuesday or Wednesday or something! Also there's no way I'm going to have enought time to email everybody so take all the emails off of my Instagram picture and send them the email that I'll send you in like 30 minutes and send it to them and everything. Sorry I know that will take a while but I feel bad if they don't get my emails! Anyways love you guys so much! I'll email the rest of the family in a second. If you have any questions, just ask me!


Love, Elder Gallagher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment